7 Day Transformation
Updated: May 12, 2022
Welcome to the beginning of your 7 day journey. I am so happy you are joining us and taking time to invest in your health. To help you prepare we have put together some helpful suggestions and things you need to know so you can be confident and ready for what the coming week holds.
What you need to know:
1. Meal deliveries will be on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings between 5pm-7pm.
Pick ups will be available between 4pm-6pm Sunday,Wednesday, and Friday. Please be prompt picking up as the store does close at 6pm on Sundays. The sooner picks ups are complete the sooner deliveries can be made.
Pick up location is at Pomegranate Market in Sioux Falls. 4815 S Louise Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57106.
Ask For Emily.
If you have time constraints please coordinate a conducive time with your chef.
2. Your food will be in a reusable tote bag each delivery. Please set the tote bag along with any mason jars on your front porch on delivery days so the driver can pick up or return to Pomegranate Market.
3. If you have any food allergies or an intolerance please let Chef Emily know in advance so modifications can be made. All meals are raw, vegan, soy free, and gluten free.
Nuts and seeds are used in some meals and are present in the prep kitchen.
4. Be sure to connect on the Facebook Group so we can do this together as a group. There will be daily check-ins, live Q&As each day, recipe demos, and important topics discussed each day to help you succeed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1681148518887391/
Place the smoothie cups in your freezer until you are ready to blend.
Fill the cup to the brim with water, coconut water, or nut milk of choice.
For the best results please avoid any dairy and soy milks during the detox.
Enhancing your transformation
1. Drink plenty of water.
This may seem simple enough but when we focus on how much water we actually consume it may be less than ideal. I recommend 120 ounces per day. Make it fun by adding some lemon slices, mint leaves, or sliced fruit.
2. Practice intermittent fasting.
Only eating during an 8-10 hour window of time each day. For example you may chose to start eating at 8am and stop at 6pm. Fasting can be a wonderful way to help your body detox and rejuvenate.When our bodies and not working on digesting food they are repairing and healing. So giving your body a break and time to go to work for you is so important for healing to take place. We will cover more on this topic in the facebook group.
3. Drink green tea in place of coffee. If you are a huge coffee person I get it. These are suggestions not rules. So do what you feel is right and be kind to your body. Green tea is a gentle source of caffeine to start your morning. Green tea is full of antioxidants and is naturally caffeinated in a way that is easy for your body to metabolize. Feel free to drink as much unsweetened herbal tea as you like.
4. Move for 20 mins each day. I say move because the goal for you this week is to be gentle and loving to your body while you celebrate your abilities and move in a way that brings you joy. Do some stretching, practice yoga, go for a nature walk, dance, or get to Revolution Yoga and Cycle! Whatever you choose just move in a way that feeds your soul and makes you happy.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep.
This seems like an obvious suggestion but getting adequate amounts of sleep is often put on the back burner. We are busy, we have a million things to do, we have deadlines, we have homework, etc. But missing sleep can compromise your health, add stress, and affect your performance. So set your alarms and get to bed on time. Because when you are well rested you will be happier and benefit more from the transformation.
6. Eat Mindfully.
For this reset you may find it's more quantity of food than what you normally eat and for others it may be a bit less. You know your body best so don't force feed or restrict. At any point if you feel you are still craving or hungry please feel free to eat as much ripe raw fruits and veggies as you desire and let your chef know how you are feeling so they can make accommodations or adjustments to your meals. These next 21 days are all about helping you be successful.
7. Don't stuff yourself the night before.
Often times when we know we are going to start a "diet" or a healthy eating regime we tend to eat a tad extra the days leading up to it. The best way to start the next 21 days and get the most out of it is with your body being at ease and feeling light. Start your reset the night before by eating a light dinner in the early evening and start your 1st day of the reset feeling light and energetic. The transformation menu is designed to keep you satisfied but not stuffed the entire time.
8. Proper Food Combining
When eating your meals each day I recommend following the menu and eating items in order. In general you want to consume all of your fruit and juices in the morning and then vegetable based meals in the afternoon/evening. This is because fruits digest quickly whereas vegetables and nuts and seeds take longer to digest. If you eat the slow digesting foods prior to eating a smoothie, for example, this can cause some bloating and discomfort.
Frequently asked questions
How many calories am I consuming each day?
I don't count calories. All the meals are made from only fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. When you eat whole ripe raw foods you no longer need to count calories but rather eat until you are satisfied and content.
What detox symptoms could I experience?
Everyone is coming from a different health journey to the raw reset and could experience different symptoms. Others may not feel a change at all or even feel more energy, flat stomach, and better sleep.
Some common detox symptoms include: Headaches, bloating, back ache, night sweats, fatigue, and brain fog. A head ache within the first two days is most often from a caffeine withdrawal. so ease off the coffee leading up to the reset. Bloating is caused by eating foods that are high fiber. Now it isn't the vegetables fault but rather the condition your digestive tract is currently in. If you are not used to eating a lot of fiber then you may experience bloating. Whatever you experience just be gentle and kind to your body. We will discuss more on this topic in the facebook group. And please feel free to reach out should you have any questions.