Updated: 5 days ago
I am so happy you are joining me in the raw reset.To help you prepare I've put together some helpful suggestions and things you need to know so you can be ready for your reset.
click here to Sign Up
What you need to know:
1. Meals will be delivered or picked up on Sunday night and Wednesday night between 4pm-6pm. Please be prompt as the store closes at 6pm on Sundays.
Pick up location: Pomegranate Market 4815 S Louise Ave Sioux Falls SD 57106
2. Your meals will be in a reusable tote bag. Each day you receive delivery please set out your old bag along with any mason jars on your front porch.
3. When the Reset is finished please drop off all Bags and mason jars at Pomegranate market or request pick up for the following Monday. Leave your bag on the front porch for the driver to pick up.
4. All plastic food containers can be recycled.
5. If you have any food allergies or an intolerance please let Emily know prior to Friday the 14th so modifications can be made. All meals are raw, vegan, soy free, and gluten free.
Nuts and seeds are used in some meals.
6. If you need a list of ingredients for any or all of your meals please reach out to Emily via e-mail Beelovedkitchen@yahoo.com and they will be provided to you.
7. Be sure to join the private Facebook group for community support and additional information on detoxification, immune support, raw food healing, and long term success. Click the link below to join.
The smoothies are ready to blend. Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to drink them. Remove the lid and add water, coconut water, or nut milk. (avoid soy milk if possible) Once the frozen fruit loosens up pour the contents into a high speed blender.
5 Day Reset Menu:
Day 1 Breakfast: Glowing Green Juice Mid Morning: Pineapple Papaya Smoothie Lunch: Tomato Basil soup with a side salad Snack: Veggies and "ranch" Dinner: Southwest Burger with Chipolte Sauce
Day 2 Breakfast: The Hippie Healer Juice Mid Morning: Beet and Blood Orange Smoothie Lunch: Spring Roll Bowl with Orange Peanut Sauce Snack: Peanut Butter and Jelly Bliss Balls Dinner: Veggie Fajitas with cashew sour cream Day 3 Breakfast: Pineapple Punch Juice Mid Morning: Blueberry Banana Lunch: Curried Cauliflower bowl with Garlic Tahini Sauce Snack: Chia pudding parfait Dinner: Zoodle-ccini Alfredo with Rawmesan cheeze Day 4 Breakfast: Orange Turmeric Tease Juice Mid Morning: Chocolate Maca Chia Lunch: Roasted Bell Pepper Neat Balls with Jalapeno Cashew Cream Snack: Salted Caramel Fig Bars Dinner: Cheeze tart with marinated veggies Day 5 Breakfast: Carrot Apple Ginger Juice Mid Morning: Green Pineapple Lunch: Broccoli Raisin Salad Snack: Blueberry Lavender Bars Dinner: Zoodle Pesto Pasta
Enhancing your 5 day reset:
1. Drink plenty of water!
This may seem simple enough but when we focus on how much water we actually consume it may be less than ideal. I recommend a minimum of 120 ounces per day. Make it fun by adding some lemon slices, mint leaves, or sliced fruit. Drinking enough water will help your body flush out toxins that may be released during the 5 day reset as well as help ease digestion and improve nutrient absorption. I recommend drinking 32 oz of warm water with 1 full squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning to prime your digestion and internal organs for receiving the vitamins and to optimize function.
2. Practice intermittent fasting.
Only eating during an 8-10 hour window of time each day. For example you may chose to start eating at 8am and stop at 6pm. Fasting can be a wonderful way to help your body detox and rejuvenate.When our bodies and not working on digesting food they are repairing and healing.So giving your body a break and time to go to work for you is so important for healing to take place.
3. Drink green tea in place of coffee. If you are a huge coffee person I get it. These are suggestions not rules. So do what you feel is right and be kind to your body. Green tea is a gentle source of caffeine to start your morning. Green tea is full of antioxidants and is naturally caffeinated in a way that is easy for your body to metabolize. Feel free to drink as much unsweetened herbal tea as you like.
4. Move for 20 mins each day. I say move because the goal for you this week is to be gentle and loving to your body while you celebrate your abilities and move in a way that brings you joy. Do some stretching, practice yoga, go for a nature walk, dance, or get to your local yoga studio.Whatever you choose just move in a way that feeds your soul and makes you happy.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep.
This seems like an obvious suggestion but getting adequate amounts of sleep is often put on the back burner. We are busy, we have a million things to do, we have deadlines, we have homework, etc. But missing sleep can compromise your health, add stress, and affect your performance. So set your alarms and get to bed on time. Because when you are well rested you will be happier and healthier.
If you struggle with insomnia try taking velarian root capsules with tart cherry juice. This will help you fall asleep and stay asleep using a natural plant remedy without taking sleeping pills.
6. Eat Mindfully.
For this reset you may find it's more quantity of food than what you normally eat and for others it may be a bit less. You know your body best so don't force feed or restrict. At any point if you feel you are still craving or hungry please feel free to eat as much ripe raw fruits and veggies as you desire. One thing I have loved about this lifestyle is that there is no restriction or calorie counting. When you eat extra fruits and veggies they are nutrient dense and not calorie dense so you are gaining more vitamins and nutrients without the worry.
7. Don't stuff yourself the night before.
Often times when we know we are going to start a "diet" or a healthy eating regime we tend to eat a tad extra the days leading up to it. The best way to start your raw reset and get the most out of it is with your body being at ease and feeling light. Start your reset the night before by eating a light dinner in the early evening and start your 1st day of the reset feeling light and energetic. The reset is only 5 days and designed to keep you satisfied the entire time.
8. Proper Food Combining
When eating your meals each day I recommend following the menu and eating items in order. In general you want to consume all of your fruit and juices in the morning and then vegetable based meals in the afternoon/evening. This is because fruits digest quickly whereas vegetables and nuts and seeds take longer to digest. If you eat the slow digesting foods prior to eating a smoothie, for example, this can cause some bloating and discomfort.
9. Follow Raw Chef Emily on social media for more content on eating raw.
Bee sure to subscribe to Beelovedkitchen.com for upcoming events, recipes, and cooking classes.
If you enjoyed the 5 Day Reset check out meal prep options on the Bee Loved Kitchen website for healing meals delivered fresh right to your door. https://www.beelovedkitchen.com/online-ordering Frequently asked questions
How many calories am I consuming each day?
I don't count calories. All the meals are made from only fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. When you eat whole ripe raw foods you no longer need to count calories but rather eat until you are satisfied and content. The focus of the Reset is on overloading your system with nutrients so healing and detox can take place, not on restriction.
What detox symptoms could I experience?
Everyone is coming from a different health journey to the raw reset and could experience different symptoms. Others may not feel a change at all or even feel more energy, flat stomach, and better sleep.
Some common detox symptoms include: Headaches, bloating, back ache, night sweats, fatigue, and brain fog. A head ache within the first two days is most often from a caffeine withdrawal or processed sugar withdrawal. So ease off the coffee leading up to the reset. Bloating is caused by eating foods that are high fiber. Now it isn't the vegetables fault but rather the condition your digestive tract is currently in. If you are not used to eating a lot of fiber then you may experience bloating. Whatever you experience just be gentle and kind to your body.
Make sure you are drinking loads of water to help ease this process and eliminate toxins from the body.
Can I heat up my food?
All the food provided during the reset are kept raw intentionally and gone to great efforts to keep it raw with the exception of some plant protein in the smoothies and the rice wraps used for spring rolls. The reason is that there are vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants naturally found in fresh fruits and vegetables that die off when heated above 120F. We want to keep these amazing nutrients in tact so our bodies can absorb them. During the 5 day reset we are packing in the vitamins and nutrients to get our body to a better place.
Can I eat anything else while on the Reset?
Yes! This is a lifestyle that is not restrictive but rather abundant. So if you feel you need more food in a day feel free to eat all the fresh fruit and vegetables you want. But I would lovingly suggest that you only do fresh produce. Nothing out of a box or can.
Since fruits and vegetables are not calorie dense you really can't over eat them. In fact it's quite difficult. The more you eat the more nutrients you are packing in. The only thing on a raw food diet to watch out for is fats. Which I am already monitoring for you in your meals to make sure you have the perfect balance.