Updated: Aug 4
I am so happy you are joining me in the raw reset.To help you prepare I've put together some helpful suggestions and things you need to know so you can be ready for your reset.
Sign up on our menu or click here: Sign Up
What you need to know:
1. Meals will be delivered on Sunday night and Wednesday night between 5pm-7pm.
Emily and delivery drivers will be coordinating a time that works best for you.
2. Your meals will be in a reusable tote bag. Each day you receive delivery please set out your old bag along with any mason jars on your front porch.
3. All plastic food containers can be recycled.
4. If you have any food allergies or an intolerance please let Emily know in advance so modifications can be made. All meals are raw, vegan, soy free, and gluten free.
Nuts and seeds are used in some meals.
5. If you need a list of ingredients for any or all of your meals please reach out to Emily via e-mail Beelovedkitchen@yahoo.com and they will be provided to you.
6. Be sure to join the private Facebook group for community support and additional information.
5 Day Reset Menu:
Day 1 Breakfast: Glowing green juice Snack: Blueberry spinach smoothie Lunch: Mandarin orange salad with blackberry ginger vinaigrette Snack: Almond rosemary crackers Dinner: Zoodle pasta with fresh marinara and hemp seeds Day 2 Breakfast: Watermelon mint juice Snack: Mango Tango smoothie Lunch: Sweet and citrus chop salad Snack: Super food energy bites Dinner: Curry burger with mango chutney Day 3 Breakfast: Celery grape juice Snack: Pineapple strawberry smoothie Lunch: Tabbouleh with olive tapanade and hummus Snack: Chia pudding parfait Dinner: Falafel salad with lemon tahini sauce Day 4 Breakfast: Beet apple lemon juice Snack: Chai Green smoothie Lunch: Tomato basil soup Snack: Corn chips and salsa Dinner: Taco salad Day 5 Breakfast: Carrot apple ginger juice Snack: Heavy metal detox smoothie Lunch: Pad Thai salad Snack: Sprouted buckwheat protein bars Dinner: Rainbow veggie rolls with orange peanut sauce
Enhancing your 5 day reset:
1. Drink plenty of water.
This may seem simple enough but when we focus on how much water we actually consume it may be less than ideal. I recommend 120 ounces per day. Make it fun by adding some lemon slices, mint leaves, or sliced fruit.
2. Practice intermittent fasting.
Only eating during an 8-10 hour window of time each day. For example you may chose to start eating at 8am and stop at 6pm.Fasting can be a wonderful way to help your body detox and rejuvenate.When our bodies and not working on digesting food they are repairing and healing.So giving your body a break and time to go to work for you is so important for healing to take place.
3. Drink green tea in place of coffee. If you are a huge coffee person I get it. These are suggestions not rules. So do what you feel is right and be kind to your body. Green tea is a gentle source of caffeine to start your morning. Green tea is full of antioxidants and is naturally caffeinated in a way that is easy for your body to metabolize. Feel free to drink as much unsweetened herbal tea as you like.
4. Move for 20 mins each day. I say move because the goal for you this week is to be gentle and loving to your body while you celebrate your abilities and move in a way that brings you joy. Do some stretching, practice yoga, go for a nature walk, dance, or get to Revolution Yoga and Cycle! Whatever you choose just move in a way that feeds your soul and makes you happy.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep.
This seems like an obvious suggestion but getting adequate amounts of sleep is often put on the back burner. We are busy, we have a million things to do, we have deadlines, we have homework, etc. But missing sleep can compromise your health, add stress, and affect your performance. So set your alarms and get to bed on time. Because when you are well rested you will be happier and healthier.
6. Eat Mindfully.
For this reset you may find it's more quantity of food than what you normally eat and for others it may be a bit less. You know your body best so don't force feed or restrict. At any point if you feel you are still craving or hungry please feel free to eat as much ripe raw fruits and veggies as you desire. One thing I have loved about this lifestyle is that there is no restriction or calorie counting. When you eat extra fruits and veggies they are nutrient dense and not calorie dense so you are gaining more vitamins and nutrients without the worry.
7. Don't stuff yourself the night before.
Often times when we know we are going to start a "diet" or a healthy eating regime we tend to eat a tad extra the days leading up to it. The best way to start your raw reset and get the most out of it is with your body being at ease and feeling light. Start your reset the night before by eating a light dinner in the early evening and start your 1st day of the reset feeling light and energetic. The reset is only 5 days and designed to keep you satisfied the entire time.
8. Proper Food Combining
When eating your meals each day I recommend following the menu and eating items in order. In general you want to consume all of your fruit and juices in the morning and then vegetable based meals in the afternoon/evening. This is because fruits digest quickly whereas vegetables and nuts and seeds take longer to digest. If you eat the slow digesting foods prior to eating a smoothie, for example, this can cause some bloating and discomfort.
9. Follow Raw Chef Emily on social media for more content on eating raw.
Bee sure to subscribe to Beelovedkitchen.com for upcoming events, recipes, and cooking classes.
If you enjoyed the 5 Day Reset check out meal prep options on the Bee Loved Kitchen website for healing meals delivered fresh right to your door. https://www.beelovedkitchen.com/online-ordering Frequently asked questions
How many calories am I consuming each day?
I don't count calories. All the meals are made from only fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. When you eat whole ripe raw foods you no longer need to count calories but rather eat until you are satisfied and content.
What detox symptoms could I experience?
Everyone is coming from a different health journey to the raw reset and could experience different symptoms. Others may not feel a change at all or even feel more energy, flat stomach, and better sleep.
Some common detox symptoms include: Headaches, bloating, back ache, night sweats, fatigue, and brain fog. A head ache within the first two days is most often from a caffeine withdrawal. so ease off the coffee leading up to the reset. Bloating is caused by eating foods that are high fiber. Now it isn't the vegetables fault but rather the condition your digestive tract is currently in. If you are not used to eating a lot of fiber then you may experience bloating. Whatever you experience just be gentle and kind to your body.
Can I heat up my food?
All the food provided during the reset are kept raw intentionally and gone to great efforts to keep it raw with the exception of some plant protein in the smoothies and the rice wraps used for spring rolls. The reason is that there are vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants naturally found in fresh fruits and vegetables that die off when heated above 120F. We want to keep these amazing nutrients in tact so our bodies can absorb them. During the 5 day reset we are packing in the vitamins and nutrients to get our body to a better place.
Can I eat anything else while on the Reset?
Yes! This is a lifestyle that is not restrictive but rather abundant. So if you feel you need more food in a day feel free to eat all the fresh fruit and vegetables you want. But I would lovingly suggest that you only do fresh produce. Nothing out of a box or can.
Since fruits and vegetables are not calorie dense you really can't over eat them. In fact it's quite difficult. The more you eat the more nutrients you are packing in. The only thing on a raw food diet to watch out for is fats. Which I am already monitoring for you in your meals to make sure you have the perfect balance.